Basic Instructions for SmartLotion®
How to Perform A Spot Check
Information on Moisturizing When Applying SmartLotion®
PerfectRepair™ Information and Ingredients
Atopic Dermatitis/ Eczema (Adults)
Disseminated Superficial Actinic Porokeratosis (DSAP)
Flexure Rash, Intertrigo or Flexure Psoriasis
Follicular Inflammation (Shaving Rashes)
Keratosis Pilaris (KP) - Adults
Lichen Planus/ Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Polymorphous Light Eruption -PMLE
Scalp Scaling/ Itching
Topical Steroid Withdrawal (TSW)
Acne Treatment Irritation (Combination Skin)
Atopic Dermatitis/ Eczema (Teenagers)
Flexure Rash, Intertrigo or Flexure Psoriasis (Teenagers)
Heat-Related Pimples (Teen Folliculitis)
Lip Chapping/ Red Lip Ring
Perioral Dermatitis (Teenagers)
Seborrheic Dermatitis (Teenagers)
Infants & Children
Product Recommendations - Sunscreen and Body Wash
Recommended product links
"My child's facial eczema is returning, even when applying SmartLotion® 1x per day"
"My rash has returned" or "I'm experiencing a flare-up"
"SmartLotion® Made My Eczema Worse"
"What should I do if I have thin skin?"
New Skin Irritation Or Seasonal Intolerances
Persistent Redness of the Face (For Teenagers)
Persistent Redness of the Face (For Infants and Children)
Persistent Redness of the Face (for Adults)
SmartLotion® Isn't Helping Enough
Stinging: It's Part of The Healing Process
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can SmartLotion® Be Used As A Moisturizer?
Does SmartLotion® Interact With Any Medications?
How Is SmartLotion® Any Different Than Hydrocortisone Found At The Store?
Is SmartLotion® Cruelty Free and Gluten Free?
What Are The Ingredients Inside SmartLotion® and Perfect Repair™?
Where is SmartLotion® Safe To Apply?
Why Does SmartLotion® Contain Fragrance?
Why Does The Hydrocortisone in SmartLotion® Not Cause Side-Effects?
Care Plan Subscription Management
Updated by Stuart Millar
Despite our best efforts to inform our readers about just what makes SmartLotion® special, we are often asked why SmartLotion® is any different that regular OTC hydrocortisone.
We can't be upset at people for asking. That's what we're here for, and chances are that the reason they are asking the question is because they looked at our ingredients.
Right at the top you will find the line "Active: Hydrocortisone (0.75%) Purpose: Anti-Itch"
Followed by a (very important) list of Inactive ingredients.
You may be wondering: If hydrocortisone is the only active ingredient, how can SmartLotion® possibly be any different than any regular store-brand hydrocortisone?
Here are your answers:
- SmartLotion® is the only corticosteroid-containing product in the world that doesn't cause side effects when used as directed. Click here for more information.
- Although listed as an inactive ingredient, SmartLotion® is compounded with 0.5% sulfur, as well as 2 other key prebiotics. Not only do these prebiotics protect the skin against any potential side effects of hydrocortisone, they target one of the two root causes of all forms of dermatitis: noxious microbes in the microbiome.
- This prebiotic blend naturally improves the health of the skin's microbiome and reduces the prevalence of noxious microbes like yeast and staph.
- With the other root cause of dermatitis being the body's inability to control inflammation (which is targeted by the hydrocortisone in the formula), SmartLotion® is effectively the only product in the world that safely and affordably attacks both root causes of dermatitis.
- This leads to Dr. Harlan reporting that 95% (of the over 20,000 patients he has treated) have had "Good to Excellent Results" in the management of their chronic dermatitis and eczema.
The truth is, although SmartLotion® contains a less-potent version of the same active ingredient as that tube of 1% hydrocortisone available for $5 at your local pharmacy, SmartLotion® is absolutely nothing like OTC hydrocortisone in terms of effectiveness or safety.